Monday, May 28, 2012

Three Weeks Post-Op

It's been forever since I've written.  My father-in-law is in very critical condition at the hospital due to some very serious lung problems.  He started coughing lots of blood, and now he's on a respirator.  Hoping to find out what caused the bleeding and wean him from the respirator afterwards.  We've been praying for his recovery.

I'm doing pretty well.  Today I'm three weeks out and I've lost 27.6 pounds!  I was hoping to hit the 30 lb. mark today, but it didn't happen.  I've weighed the exact same weight for four days in a row.  A little maddening, but I know it'll start dropping again.  I'm finally starting to feel thinner.  I notice little things like being able to wrap a towel around me now, and I can sit and bring my knees up which I never could have done before.  It's pretty fun to discover these little milestones.

I need to remember to take my three week pictures today.  I'm trying to wear the same clothes each time so there might be a difference.  Actually, I didn't the first week, but I have since.   I'm glad I've done this.  It's difficult finding foods to eat, but I can do it.

Onward and Downward, Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment